Friday, September 25, 2009

Peaches (in case you couldn't tell)


I spent a few hours last Saturday canning the peaches with the kids while Mr. Sick played video games downstairs. I was amazed that Kolya and Amira actually helped. I expected them to want to help, but that including them would ultimately make the process take even longer. But thankfully my children amazed me and they actually helped a ton. Kolya and Amira peeled almost all of the peaches for me. Amira peeled 10 max. I kept her going by telling her that if she wanted a peach slice she had to peel a peach first. She'd get all excited and a few minutes later I would be handed a slightly mangled, but mostly peeled peach. Kolya peeled the rest of the peaches, minus the 5 I peeled. So I was able to focus on washing boiling, and slicing the peaches. It was such a wonderful experience to be working with my children to accomplish something. And here's the kicker, when all was said and done Kolya said, "Mom, thanks for letting me help you do the peaches." It doesn't get any better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment